PitchLock

Isaac sur Noos oleg-i@noos.fr
Sun, 28 Dec 2003 14:21:36 +0100

Terry, if you listen the tone to will  hear the shortening and the less rich
tone obtained with the coupling object. Even on Internet it is very evident,
it makes me think of the effect one have when muting the capo.

Why is it occurring I can't explain, the goodie is of course muting a
little, it also absorb energy ....

may be the inventor have find pleasing the fact that a better coupling is
giving a more strong tone to begin with or he likes the change in tone. I
often write about unisons tuning that we deal with the coupling all time,
and that is the characteristic we may learn to listen, for the coupling seem
to occur even if the strings are a little off, when at the same time the
string is on its way to stabilization, (second part of the extinction curve)
I believe that when we regulate the speed at which the coupling occur we
regulate the way the attack is stabilized, and then the way energy remains
for the last part of the tone. This is what say G.Weinreich without being
able to prove it, some (Steinway trained) tuners exacerbate that "leaning
tone " effect, others have a more pure tone, nowadays when you tune a piano
with many irregularities in hammer mating, you are sometime obliged to use
more than necessary that leaning string to hide the defective unisons.

For me, unisons mean purity and length but energy may be present also, I
don't leave any audible leaning string if I can, as I've find that this tend
to produce too much brilliance, and less warmness..

This is typically the kind of invention that makes me smile (not feeling
particularly superior in nothing, I certainly should had hard times myself
to design and commercialize such a thing). I get it as being "exotic" !

Did you hear the samples ?

Best Regards.

                       Pianotech

                        Isaac OLEG
                        accordeur - reparateur - concert  19 rue Jules Ferry
                        94400 VITRY sur SEINE
                        oleg-i@noos.fr  tel:
                              fax:
                              mobile:  033 01 47 18 06 98
                              33 01 47 18 06 90
                              033 06 60 42 58 77

            Powered by Plaxo Want a signature like this?

      Add me to your address book...