PitchLock

Jon Page jonpage@comcast.net
Sun, 28 Dec 2003 10:59:08 -0500

I might not use it as a means to increase a unison's tuning duration,
how can you be certain that it is the right pair of strings which drift first.
Would not this added coupling effect a drop in pitch?

I can see this as a means to reduce chaos on the few incorrigible false beats.
I have been thinking about some sort of application for false beat reduction
for some time and have not yet had the ambition to follow through, but my
thoughts were leaning towards bridge pin coupling rather than string coupling.

Regards,

Jon Page, piano technician
Harwich Port, Cape Cod, Mass.
mailto:jonpage@comcast.net