PitchLock

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Sun, 28 Dec 2003 10:30:45

Hi,

I'm perhaps deaf--but I hear an improvement of the unison--but it is by no
means totally clean. In the first example I also hear a "buzz" of some
kind. I'm not at all certain I don't hear that same buzz on the 2nd
example--just that it is much less.

Another question is how do you tune such a piano? Or do you remove the
bands each time--and then replace them?

At 11:02 AM 12/28/2003 EST, you wrote:
>List
>
>   What good is coupling TWO strings together to keep them in tune with
>each other, when there's a third string right next to them going its own way?
>
>   Does this little metal band actually provide a new termination point for
>the strings?
>

> Tom Sivak

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca