Pitch Lock

Isaac sur Noos oleg-i@noos.fr
Sun, 28 Dec 2003 17:51:20 +0100

Well have to wait the answer from Scott Jones, but I guess the 3d string
couples itself then with the 2 others as the phase opposition install (any
light on the subject ?)

>From now on I like to see how you perceive the change in tone, certainly not
for the better IMHO.

That apart a certainly interesting concept used, but is not it the game
between the 2 strings phasing and the third in opposition that gives that
"impercetible move" in nice unisons ?

I've seen a 4 strings unisons grand (Borgato) once, and did not notice the
same lively effect, while the strings where certainly sounding strong and
long, the tone was more "straight" may be for very different reasons also.

In the end once the system is installed the unisons are more sounding like 2
strings unisons than 3.

Greetings.

 Isaac OLEG

De : pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]De la part
de Tvak@aol.com
Envoye : dimanche 28 decembre 2003 17:03
A : pianotech@ptg.org
Objet : Re: PitchLock

  List

  Whether this little device would increase tuning stability is one thing...
What good is coupling TWO strings together to keep them in tune with each
other, when there's a third string right next to them going its own way?

  However, I wonder if this would help to eliminate false beats in older
pianos?  Does this little metal band actually provide a new termination
point for the strings?

  Tom Sivak