PitchLock

Isaac sur Noos oleg-i@noos.fr
Sun, 28 Dec 2003 18:07:43 +0100

Ric , I've just listened that on high bandwidth but on my stereo
player, and I have a slightly better than the norm card sound. The
emptying of the tone (and probably also loss of sustain, while they
don't allow the tone to ring enough to be sure) is evident. I separate
this impression from the obvious impression from mistuned strings
giving more "life" , it straighten and damp the tone a tad, exactly
the opposite of what I (we) am after.

I also believe that this coupling is what we tend to when tuning, once
installed unisons stay in tune way more, I regularly see pianos I
tuned 3 or even 4 years ago, where the unison still tone good enough
to certainly pass a tuning test (little presumptuous am I !!!).
Not to say on some pianos I hardly have stability and they go out of
tune really too fast for my desire .

Best Regards, I'll not comment on that process more, is it what
Europeans imagine as "the California state of mind" ;>).

I also notice not any real physical justification or explanations on
the web site, but a whole bunch of accessories, video, etc, certainly
better presentation than the Franklin aliquot tuner's tool.

Friendly wishes.

Let's see if our colleagues will notice what I say - indeed I am of
the awful hypersensitive to tone kind, not my fault, early training ,
long before I get in the piano trade, that have also been the source
of many frustration about tuning, regulation, voicing, took me some
age to learn to live with it.

Isaac OLEG
accordeur - reparateur - concert
oleg-i@noos.fr