Moment of Inertia of grand action parts.

Isaac sur Noos oleg-i@noos.fr
Sun, 28 Dec 2003 22:31:06 +0100

Ron,

Thanks for that resumed point of view, seem to meet what I suspect.

Can you give a definition of action saturation ? I am unsure if it is
the fact that the move of the key at a certain moment can't accelerate
more the hammer and is it for limit in flexibility or because the key
bottoms.
if I believe the fact that the key can be made bottoming before the
hammer have even start to move on certain actions (may be due also to
lack of stiffness under the keybed), the hammer will still be driven
by the key un flexing so when is the saturation occurring ? is it only
tone saturation ? I like to see that like 2 different aspects.

BTW, the piano hammer is may be tone of the fastest accelerated
actions on earth, 0 to 40 miles/hour in 1/400 sec is faster than my
motorcycle (that accelerates fast enough yet!)

Greetings.

Isaac OLEG

Isaac OLEG
accordeur - reparateur - concert