Moment of Inertia of grand action parts.

David Andersen bigda@gte.net
Mon, 29 Dec 2003 13:11:35 -0700

on 12/28/03 12:32 PM, Ron Nossaman at RNossaman@cox.net wrote:

> No math, no minutia, just my attempt to step back for an overview of my
> own. There are a whole lot of minute details being discussed here, all of
> which are worth defining and clarifying to the degree that it's possible,
> but the original questions of how these things fit together in an action
> are of more general interest and use, and that still isn't being addressed.
> The problems we deal with, and the confusion that remains is still how all
> this stuff mechanically interacts in a piano action.
>
> Ron N

Thank you, thank you, thank you---this post is brilliant, and an incredible
breath of fresh air into an increasingly wonky discussion.
Please: letus not forget the bottom line: how does it sound, and how does it
feel, and how do ALL the factors of construction, mass, movement, and
position in a piano action affect the "spielart" of the instrument.

This is truly a deep and majestic craft, ladies and gentleman.
Ron, my gratitude for this post.  Great job.

David Andersen
Malibu, CA