Moment of Inertia - numbers in the air !

Isaac sur Noos oleg-i@noos.fr
Sun, 28 Dec 2003 19:10:42 +0100

Hello, Slight correction about that famous video of a piano action at
work.

At forceful play, the key bottom (on that movie) before the hammer
have even moved - I let you imagine the bending.

1/400 sec is a range of time where the hammer travels its 45 mm , or
the key move 10 mm.
That means in that short fraction of time we have an acceleration from
0 to 65 km/h

No doubt force at work are certainly enough to generate a lot of
bending.
More details as soon as I'll have them

Best Regards

Isaac OLEG