What is lye

Isaac sur Noos oleg-i@noos.fr
Wed, 31 Dec 2003 01:22:08 +0100

Thanks for your help,

French name is Soude Caustique, (caustic soda) it was available in
"grocery" stores (drogueries in French)

Yet sold often in bottles in paint stores, is there a noticeable
difference to use it diluted in water (for the hide glue application )
.

I'll find some soon, it seem a dangerous product. The French name
Lessive was meanig that because washing the clothes was done with a
process that create this product.

Greetings

Isaac OLEG
accordeur - reparateur - concert