Hammer Ratio

Mon, 13 Jan 2003 07:35:26 -0800

The hammer shank ratio, then, is determined by the distance from the center
pin to the knuckle core center.  Where you place the extra gram of lead on
the hammer shouldn't make any difference.

David Love

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Brekne" <Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: January 13, 2003 12:40 AM
Subject: Re: Hammer Ratio

Hammer ratio.... Hammer shank ratio....

What range of things could I possibly be talking about here eh ???

The hammer / shank / hammershankassembly.... it constitutes a lever and a
load... or just a lever depending on your point of view... ( I take the
former and not the latter).  One with two ends and a fulcrum... class three
lever .... force applied between the load and fulcrum.....

Hammer shank ratio.

RicB