Newbie tuning liability question

keys88 keys88@hotmail.com
Wed, 29 Jan 2003 07:48:40 -0600

I regards to the recent self destructing piano post, It brought to mind =
a question about a tuners liability overall.  When I get the experience =
and confidence one of these days to make my first tuning /service call, =
how do you deal with things that are beyond your control with the =
customer?  So many bad conditions can exist in a customers piano, such =
as extremes as the cracked harp, broken bridges, loose tuning pins that =
won't hold, rusty strings that break, and so on.  Not to mention the =
piano in such ill repair that it cannot be tuned properly without =
further repair, that the customer may not won't to pay for at the =
moment.
  My question is if anyone has an invoice that they have the customer =
initial, that you clearly explain your terms, so there is no =
misunderstanding.  Such as, you won't be held responsible for "such and =
such" base on the condition of your piano, or that a large pitch raise =
is done at the customers own risk, due to the age of the piano, or so =
on.
  Thanks very much

Tom

Patiently waiting for membership info from the PTG