Virtual Capstan Update

Wed, 02 Jul 2003 23:29:47 +0200

Cy Shuster wrote:

> Ric, What holds the mounts in the vertical position during play?  Is
> there just sufficient friction in that flange?  It seems that with the
> pressure from the opposing magnet, there might be a tendency for them
> to fold down on their own. --Cy Shuster--Rochester, MN

They are angled slightly backwards... about 15 degrees, and mounted a
couple mm aft of the whippen magnets as well. I suppose I should have
taken a side shot to show this.

Anyways.. the opposing force of the magnets hold the key magnet in
place, and prevent them from folding down on their own. If this  does
become an issue.. it is a simple matter to solve.

Cheers

RicB

--
Richard Brekne