Zowie!!! was RE: Hey, Router Rooters

Cy Shuster charter1400@charter.net
Sat, 5 Jul 2003 16:47:38 -0500

There was a problem with the second link (it pointed to the first one).  =
I think this should work.  Very interesting!

--Cy Shuster--
Rochester, MN
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Alan=20
  To: 'Mike McCoy' ; 'Pianotech'=20
  Sent: Saturday, July 05, 2003 2:30 PM
  Subject: Zowie!!! was RE: Hey, Router Rooters

  Following Mike=92s suggestion--and never having heard of the =
Safe-T-Planer=97I went surfing on the net. Discovered a fabulous web =
site that is very interesting to we who are guitarists but ALSO has some =
powerful, interesting, helpful stuff on woodworking, glues, tools, tips, =
etc., that I will use in piano work. Anyone into refinishing ought to =
take an especially close look. I=92d recommend checking out the index to =
the =93articles of interest to luthiers=94 (first reference here) and =
the second one for some inspiring craftsmanship and hints. (Pictures =
enlarge if clicked upon) =85

  =20

  http://www.frets.com/FRETSPages/pagelist.html#Luthier

  =20

  =
http://www.frets.com/FRETSPages/Luthier/Technique/Structural/BrokenHeadst=
ocks/BackstrapOverlay/phoverlay.html

  =20

  I also found the following article very enlightening. Seen what he =
does with rubber erasers and pieces of leather. A quote from the site: =
=93I really don't want to use my fingers to change the contour of any =
surface!=94

  =20

  =
http://www.frets.com/FRETSPages/Luthier/Technique/ToolUse/SandingBlocks/s=