Graphite Grease/Gunk!

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Sun, 6 Jul 2003 10:31:40 -0700

The "Monkey See/Monkey Do" philosopy of piano design really Honks me off,
sometimes! I'm currently working on a 7' Asian grand action,
reconditioning/regulation. This is a well respected Manufacturer, of which I
have high regard. They chose to put some "Gunk" in the balancier spring
slots!!!! IMO, it does absolutely nothing, but impede a consistant
Regulation and Touch. S&S still does this too! Why?!!!!! Yikes! Sheesh! (End
of rant! I feel much better now.<G>
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)