Virtual Capstan update

Wed, 09 Jul 2003 19:57:43 +0200

Hi Folks

I've come a good deal further with this project and am still finding
that the whole thing exceeds my expectations. Given the fact that a
substantial refinement in the keymagnet assemblies is possible, and
would yeild even better results,  I have to believe this is going to
work just dandy.

Here are  7 keys side by side. I could achieve 12 grams reduction in DW,
9-10 grams reduction in UW, without causing any noticeable problems.
Turning the magnets up any more started to affect the hammer line. These
are fairly light hammers.. Mid-medium zone roughly, and there is very
little key leading.  I feel nearly confident enough at this point to
remove  the whippen assist springs.

Whippen magnets

[Image]

Key Magnet assembly

[Image]

Whippens Down

[Image]

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.

--------------7022A9F785F8E875E0BB696D
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

--------------7022A9F785F8E875E0BB696D
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: C:\\DOCUME~1\\RICHAR~1\\LOCALS~1\\Temp\\nsmail6J.jpeg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 30367 bytes
Desc: not available

--------------7022A9F785F8E875E0BB696D
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: C:\\DOCUME~1\\RICHAR~1\\LOCALS~1\\Temp\\nsmailDH.jpeg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 26932 bytes
Desc: not available

--------------7022A9F785F8E875E0BB696D
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: C:\\DOCUME~1\\RICHAR~1\\LOCALS~1\\Temp\\nsmailD7.jpeg
Type: image/jpeg
Size: 26142 bytes
Desc: not available

--------------7022A9F785F8E875E0BB696D--