Wagner Safe-T-Planer/Tom Driscoll/Carl Meyer

Alan tune4u@earthlink.net
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 16:00:47 -0500

As to buying one ... I called the Wagner Company in Broken Arrow, OK.
They asked if I had a Woodcrafter's Store nearby so that is a place to
get one.

However, since I live in the boondocks (about half way between Tree
Stump and North Succotash), I bought it direct from them ($42 + $5
shipping). There are apparently two different designs--one for the
rotary saw, one for the drill press.

Alan R. Barnard
Salem, MO

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Joseph Garrett
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2003 10:25 AM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: Re: Wagner Safe-T-Planer/Tom Driscoll/Carl Meyer

Carl,
I rather suspect that the literature that each of us got with our
"Planer",
is in conflict. (I know that the original manufacturer has sold the
rights.
And I suspect, that there may be more than one manufacturer, as well.
Hence
the conflicting information! Yikes!) You really got me wondering, so I
went
and checked mine. The only reference I could find, in the reprints of
"Popular Mechanics" sheets, was "not over 5000rpm! Hmmm?! One thing that
dawned on me was the fact that there are many different machines that
this
thingee can be used with. All, except the drill press are constant RPM!
And,
all turn at speeds in excess of what Tom and I have been using!!! So,
the
conclusion I would make, is that both of us have been using the tool a
TOO
LOW a speed! Thanks for the heads-up. Next time I'll try it at a higher
RPM.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)

---