looking to replace my upright...

Stephen Airy stephenairy@fastmail.fm
Sun, 20 Jul 2003 15:16:38 -0800

That was a few years ago, before I began seriously educating myself.
Unfortunately, they have no plans to get it changed out for another one.
(They got it as a gift in early 1999.  We did look at some larger pianos,
up to 6 foot, but my grandparents decided to get her the YC.)  I would
even be happy with a small Yamaha, so long as if it was under 6 foot it
had a Disklavier system on it, for example A GH1, GP1, or even an A1.

----- Original message -----
From: Piannaman@aol.com
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Date: Sun, 20 Jul 2003 19:08:08 EDT
Subject: Re: looking to replace my upright...

Stephen,

Make it a project.  Voice it, tune it, regulate it, and you may end up
with
something almost playable.  Granted, it will never be great, but you'll
gain
some experience and end up with something better than what you started
with.

You're in the piano business.  How could you let your parents buy one of
those??

Dave Stahl

--
  Stephen Airy