regulating tool for renner jacks??

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Sun, 20 Jul 2003 19:20:35 EDT

Hi all,

A couple of days ago, I had to replace a whippen in a grand piano that has a
Renner action.  I installed it and regulated it--except for the position of
the jack under the knuckle.  Try as I might, I could not get my regulating tool
between the let-off dowels.  I tried from every position and angle, but I
could not get the thing in there to turn the button.

I checked the RennerUSA website, and they sell a tool for regulating jacks
and rep lever height, but the blade does not seem small enough to fit between
the dowels.  Hard to tell from the picture, though.  Does anyone have experience
using this tool with this action?

Much thanks in advance

Dave Stahl