regulating tool for renner jacks??

Kevin E. Ramsey kevin.e.ramsey@cox.net
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 00:58:07 -0000

Dave,=20
Look, I got one of those really thin Yamaha regulating tools, and I've =
used it for a couple of years now. It cost my $30 or so, but it was =
worth it. Of course, I do a lot of regulating of new pianos, so it's =
see's a lot of use. At a convention, I saw a shorter version of the same =
tool, which I got for $7 from Schaff.  It's my backup, I've used it a =
couple of times, but that's the way I'd go if I were you.=20
Kevin.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Piannaman@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Sunday, July 20, 2003 4:20 PM
  Subject: regulating tool for renner jacks??

  Hi all,=20

  A couple of days ago, I had to replace a whippen in a grand piano that =
has a Renner action.  I installed it and regulated it--except for the =
position of the jack under the knuckle.  Try as I might, I could not get =
my regulating tool between the let-off dowels.  I tried from every =
position and angle, but I could not get the thing in there to turn the =
button.  =20

  I checked the RennerUSA website, and they sell a tool for regulating =
jacks and rep lever height, but the blade does not seem small enough to =
fit between the dowels.  Hard to tell from the picture, though.  Does =
anyone have experience using this tool with this action?  =20

  Much thanks in advance=20

  Dave Stahl