soundboardinstal again

Mon, 21 Jul 2003 09:42:49 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "David M. Porritt" <dm.porritt@verizon.net>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: July 21, 2003 7:52 AM
Subject: RE: soundboardinstal again

> Ron:
>
> It looks like Mason & Hamlin did a fantastic marketing job with that
> little strip of spruce on the fixture with the business card!
>
> dave

Yes, they did. But has anyone ever pushed down on the top of that arch to
see how much pressure is required to flatten the thing out? I have--and it
ain't much! And that's with the grain running lengthwise. As well, has
anyone left one of these setups with the pseudo-ribs in place for a few
weeks? Again, I have. And it settles out pretty fast.

Like statistics, experiments can be set up to prove most anything--even
outright misrepresentations. (Well, that's kinder than what I was
thinking....)

Del