Sorry, but I still believe that rims aid soundboard integrity!

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 19:08:04 -0500

>Respectfully, Ron, these are two separate points, are
>they not?
>     Yes, a soundboard ( when built ) MAY support a
>full load without a rim. And this, I am willing to
>believe, can be amply demonstrated in the shop. But
>to presume that a board with no rim holding it inward
>would resist the downward pressure of strings, replete
>with climate variations, OVER TIME is just that -- a
>presumption.

You're right Thump, it is a presumption. I also presume that the sun will
not go out or explode tomorrow, and that the law of gravity will not be
repealed, making me float into space. I haven't yet tested these
presumptions through all eternity, but I'm working on it. Stay tuned.

Ron N