"Structural limits of the materials?" please explain.

gordon stelter lclgcnp@yahoo.com
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 17:37:28 -0700 (PDT)

O.K.. So wood crushes. But, after it has reached its
limit of "compressibility" ( i.e, the softer portions
between the rings have compressed to the full extent
that they will from normal piano condition (NPC))
wouldn't the remaining portion of the board be even
more likely to accept and retain re-crowning from a
shim along the perimeter, and shims in extant or
manufactured cracks, than would a new board?
    Cheerfully,
    Thump