thumper board

KENNETH FINLAYSON kennyfin@jetstream.net
Tue, 22 Jul 2003 16:04:53 -0700

Why do I love you Thump?=20

Have you wondered LIST?=20

Because as a classical organist, prepared to play in the Crystal Palace =
this Sunday; at least Saint Paul's Cathedral, London: any cathedral =
organist knows, especially those who have to earn a living tuning =
pianos, that the thumper board is the key-stop rail!

The old tracker  action of the old organ by the way, uses lambskin =
rather than our formidable buckskin.=20

Which brings us to the point. Why are we playing Bach so bloody fast, =
when the instruments of his time were so slow and poor, they had to have =
a thumper board?

Oh. Slow and poor. I see. Has anyone ever met a rich piano tuner? Other =
than Roger Jolly? Compared to us, I mean.

Kenny Finlayson, RPT