Thumper Board

Isaac sur Noos oleg-i@noos.fr
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 10:10:21 +0200

Tuning harpsichord is a quiet job comparing to piano , nice on the ears ,
I've find that it take a few moments to fight the natural tendency for us to
stretch octaves, as stretched octaves on a harpsichord tone really harsh
(while I've heard of tuning short less than pure octaves in the high treble
to obtain a frictional reinforcement effect of the higher notes )

About Mr Bach, when we imagine the cost of a tuning in those days, he may
have been very avarious not to call his regular tuner and doing the job
himself  (it was well before even the first oil breakdown is not it ?). Or
may be his colleague was not allowing him enough budget for tuning ?

Greetings.

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et réparation de pianos.

PianoTech