Screwing down the board: was Re: soundboardinstal again

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Fri, 25 Jul 2003 11:50:44 -0500

>Del:
>
>I notice a variations in approach to screwing down the board.  Some do not
>(Steinway) some do (Mason Hamlin).  What is your general approach to the
>use of screws to secure the board around the rim both for a dry fit and
>with glue.
>
>David Love

No Del yet, but I use whatever is necessary to hold the board down for dry
fitting. The hardest areas to hold down are right front and left rear. I
want the treble clamped down pretty well to get accurate bearing
measurements. Otherwise, whatever is necessary.

When the board is glued in, I normally don't use screws unless I have a cap
on top of where the cutoff bar is.

Ron N