Removing Bridge caps

Isaac sur Noos oleg-i@noos.fr
Sat, 26 Jul 2003 08:45:23 +0200

Joe,

May be a very large saw to find these deepness 4 " (once the teeth are
grounded I guess)
Do I understand well that these are flat blades may be 3' long, for
metal ?
Is it better to get HSS then ?

May be better ask for used one at the grinding shop (I have to find
one for my ribbons ) I use yet old saw blades for scrapers, but the
steel of those blades is probably good indeed.
The little lathe is beginning to be wanted too !

But this in fact does not level the bridge if hand held (or one may be
really very good and have good eyes).
I believe that a rabbit for end grain or a scraper fixture may be
useful if one want to level or plane bridge top or bottom.

Best

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et réparation de pianos.

PianoTech