Rhetorical Question - Maybe

Avery Todd avery@ev1.net
Sun, 27 Jul 2003 20:00:52 -0500

List,

Has anyone ever tried just replacing the flanges on a
verdigris Steinway that is still working fairly well and
is just beginning to exhibit the signs?

A dealer I do some work for is considering taking this
on consignment and just wants to make it work fairly
well, legitimately. I know, as does he, that the best job
is to replace the parts but because of the cost, this isn't
an option right now in this situation. In lieu of that,
would replacing the flanges be a decent "repair",
considering the circumstances?

Nothing has been decided yet. I'm just exploring the
possibilities. I've replaced parts many times, but I've
never tried this and was just wondering if anyone else has.

Thanks.

Avery