Broken Hitch Pin.

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Tue, 29 Jul 2003 16:36:35 -0500

>I just did a search through 20 Years Of Journals and came up empty on this
>subject. Maybe I'm not searching correctly..don't know.
>
>Anyway, I need to repair a broken hitch pin..Grand piano.
>
>I've never done this repair, so be gentle with me.
>
>Thanks,
>-Phil Bondi (Fl.)

Phil,
Terry pretty well covered it. There just aren't all that many options. If
the piano is strung, you can either drive the old one through (maybe) with
a small hammer and sharp blows. Or you can drill a new hole and put in
another pin (my choice if driving through didn't work). I suppose you could
haggle out the old pin by drilling, ream the hole to a larger size, thread
the hole and plug it with, say, an agraffe shank and Loctite, drill and
install the hitch in the same location as the old one, but it sounds messy
and like a lot of work.

Just how grand is this piano?

Ron N