"Frozen" hammer rail screws

Paul Tizzard ptizzard@mweb.co.za
Sun, 1 Jun 2003 09:55:24 +0200

Hi list,

Last week I assessed a piano at a local school that has all of the =
hammer rail screws "frozen" in the rail. The school is near the coast =
and the piano is in their hall. There is definitely a lot of moisture =
around generally. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to free the =
screws? I know heat is going to be involved, but what tools etc do you =
suggest? Are there any other possibilities? Finally, what is the worst =
case scenario?
Thanks in advance.

Paul Tizzard
S. Africa       =20