pictures on the list

Tue, 3 Jun 2003 10:06:30 -0700

----- Original Message -----
From: "Don" <pianotuna@accesscomm.ca>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: June 03, 2003 12:59 AM
Subject: Re: pictures on the list

> Hi Del,
>
> With the large pictures being a clickeable link the picture would remain
> available to all and any who wished to see it. The link would be part of
> the pertinant email. Although storeage space on computers is quite large
> compared to just a few years ago it is *still* limited. Then too there is
> the issue of the archives. If the pictures were all on a central server
> they would be available as a clickeable link from the archives--which the
> embedded pictures are *not*.
-----

Well, why not both. There are not all that many pictures coming through.
And by now most folks have figured out how to make them small enough not to
be a major problem. I'm not interested in all of the pictures that come
through so I treat them just like the other posts I'm either not interested
in or am to busy to get involved with. I delete them. When I come across a
picture that I am interested in I could then have access to the higher
resolution version. With the imbedded picture I have the opportunity to
pre-view it and don't waste the time tracking down and downloading--a
lengthy process for me--a high-resolution picture it turns out I've no
interest in.

Now, if we could just convince the rest of the folks to edit their replies
and remove both the pictures and the extraneous junk from their reply
messages we'd really be saving some time and aggravation.

Del