Six Degrees

Wed, 04 Jun 2003 19:32:10 +0200

Don wrote:

> Hi Richard,
>
> I think that your choice of musician is part of the problem. Pianist never
> listen to "micro" changes in pitch. Almost all other musicians do. Try your
> comparison test with a French Horn player, Trombonist, or Violinist. They
> will "get it" right away.

Well.. to be honest with you... this poor kid was the first person to get in my
way :) I'd just picked up these CD's and on the half hour drive out to his
house had been listening to them in the car. He's a whiz kid... 14 years old
and already amoung the most accomplished pianists in the Nordic countries. So I
thought whilst I was replacing  6 busted strings on his Bluthner I'd give him
something to puzzle on.

In the next few days I am sure these will get circulated around the whole
conservatory tho. I will keep in mind your advice and play some of this for a
few selecteds to see what they say.

Cheers

RicB

--