Smoke smell from console...Also OT: Honda add that is the cat's meow!

John Musselwhite john@musselwhite.com
Wed, 04 Jun 2003 18:45:05 -0600

At 06:17 PM 04/06/03 -0500, Richard O. S. wrote:

>I have a very nice console that I purchased from a heavy smoker. Before I
>put it up to sell I want to try something! Hopefully to cut the stink...
>I have taken an airhose to it and now have a large fan moving air through
>it. Any help?

One thing you might try is to put some "zeolite"  in a tray and leave it in
the bottom of the piano with perhaps another under the keys. It'll absorb
some of the odors at least. I trust you washed the case down too as that's
a source of odor as well.

For those who haven't heard of zeolite, it's a finely-crushed volcanic rock
and can be used in everything from odor eliminators (works great in shoes
and runners) to gardening. It sells for $2/pound on the net but you can buy
20 pounds for about $5 at a garden center.

                         John