OT Nightmares of the Modern Age

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Thu, 05 Jun 2003 19:15:07

Hi Sarah,

So far as I am aware they will last rather less long than say cassette
tapes. The commercial produced cd's are made by a photographic process--not
the "burning" that we do, and so last much longer. Our cd writers "metal"
pits into the substrate. I'm sure this accelerates the process of
deterioration.

Having purchased a tube of 100 cdr's and finding nine out of ten unusealbe
has driven me back to "brand name" products.