Hammer shape - Steinway (Hamburg)

Thu, 5 Jun 2003 21:54:38 -0700

I second those questions.  The shape on these hammers seems much more
"pointed" than you typically see on a Renner hammer.  Moreover, the shape
is in stark contrast to the shape of a Renner Blue, which is much more
rounded.  The felt also appears to have a different texture than a Renner
Blue.  We have discussed recently whether or not the Renner Blue is a
Wurzen felt hammer, I wonder now.  I would be curious where these hammer
were purchased from:  Directly from Renner?  The suggestion from the
original post is that they were new hammers put on an older piano.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net