Key Leads and Inertia

Fri, 06 Jun 2003 12:29:00 +0200

Stephen Birkett wrote:

> I lost track of the various posts from Richard and Phil, but I think
> I can clear up a few points by referring to the latest of those from
> Phil....

Lots of stuff for me to read more closely by both of you...

> Ric - are there any points still unclear?

Well.. if you could just answer two rather straightforward questions. Can
M  be taken to be << rougly >> the weight of the action components on the
capstan, and if so can Ik then be << roughly >> found by taking the
product of this M and rk2 .....as in  Mrk2  ?

If not, then I can re-read through whats been written to sort out why..