Key Leads and Inertia

Fri, 06 Jun 2003 16:22:35 +0200

Ok Thanks Stephen

I was kind of looking for a way of starting to plug in values easily
measured and looking at some things right away. But what you say below
would seem to make things a bit more difficult.

I suppose you could take an average of the mass of all keys, and an
average for all whippens and shanks, and then figure in for each of the
88 keys the variance in hammer weight to find M for each key.

And I'd rather thought you could come up with a very good guestimation of
rk as since it is the location of the center of mass.... which would mean
the key would balance at that point.   We are correct in assuming that rk
is the distance the center of mass is from the fulcrum  arent we ???  not
just simply << the center of mass >>

But since you say you cant take  Mrk2 for Ik then theres not much point
in doing either of the above, and certainly the example numbers I solved
with the other day must be seen as meaningless as they were bassed on the
asummptions I ask about below.

Thanks for taking the time to clear this up for me Stephen.

RicB