Viennese Grand Action Regulation

Calin Tantareanu dnu@fx.ro
Sun, 8 Jun 2003 10:38:18 +0300

Hi!

The problem could be in the small wooden part that links the key to the =
whippen. It has a screw for tightening, check it's condition. If it is =
loose, it will cause noise.
And, by the way, Bechstein never used Viennese actions. The one =
described here is a rocker action (all normal except it has those wooden =
links to the keys insteead of a capstan). I'd say they allow usually a =
more sensitive touch when playing, than many actions with capstans.

Regards,

 Calin Tantareanu
 http://calintantareanu.tripod.com

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Piannaman@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Saturday, June 07, 2003 6:15 PM
  Subject: Re: Viennese Grand Action Regulation

  In a message dated 6/7/03 12:24:10 AM Pacific Daylight Time, =
remoody@midstatesd.net writes:=20

    If the Viennese action  is like any other action and it is "noisy"=20
    you should go through and tighten every screw you can find.  After=20
    that then you have a noise problem.       ---rm

  The screws are really tight.  I've seen these actions before(though I =
never worked on one before), and noise seems to be their big problem.  =
They work fine, just lots of clacking.=20

  Dave S.=20