George Steck grand

Alan tune4u@earthlink.net
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 00:07:39 -0500

Hmmmm... well I rolled one, off the pin, in my Steck. Went back with no
problem. I can't imagine there being a problem, actually, even in a
complete restring. The path of those strings from tuning pin to bridge
pin is dead-arrow-straight. I don't even see how it COULD end up "off
line" with the dampers, etc.

Alan R. Barnard
Salem, MO

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Richard Moody
Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2003 12:07 AM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: George Steck grand

> Are you saying it's very hard to get the strings back in
alignment with the
> dampers in such situations, even if you just lower the tension
to pound the
> dust out of the windings, and raise it back up again?
> --Cy Shuster--
> Rochester, MN

Maybe not just letting the them down.  My bad experience came from
letting down, taking off the H pin, rolling and twisting (or
untwisting) as necessary. The spacing and consequent damper action
was disiaster.  After that I didn't want to chance the debacale by
simply letting them down and raising up again. But if some brave
soul wants to experiment we are all ears.     ---rm

---