False Beats in high treble after stringing

Joseph Garrett joegarrett@earthlink.net
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 15:48:17 -0700

I heard, somewhere, I can't remember, that if you twist the sting, in the
process of stringing, it will cause some falseness. I haven't been able to
verify this, but it's a possibility. I've changed the way I hold the
T.P.Crank, to avoid this. The last few Restingings, don't seem to have the
falseness of previous Restingings....so,....? Just a thought.
Best Regards,
Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)