False Beats in high treble after stringing

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@cox.net
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 18:07:21 -0500

>I heard, somewhere, I can't remember, that if you twist the sting, in the
>process of stringing, it will cause some falseness. I haven't been able to
>verify this, but it's a possibility. I've changed the way I hold the
>T.P.Crank, to avoid this. The last few Restingings, don't seem to have the
>falseness of previous Restingings....so,....? Just a thought.
>Best Regards,
>Joe Garrett, RPT, (Oregon)

Everyone hears that everywhere. I've played with it, and can't tell any
difference one way or another unless you're talking about more than two
turns of twist. For me, it's one of those many reportedly supercritical but
in practice undetectable boojums.

Ron N