False Beats in high treble after stringing

Robin Hufford hufford1@airmail.net
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 22:33:15 -0700

I have forgotten - endothermic or exothermic?  Ah, I believe it is the latter.
The heat produced by the curing process is evolved by the reaction itself which
is probably a polymerization process and, as such, the liberated heat itself is
secondary.   That is to say,  it is a consequence of the reaction itself and
does not, per se, drive it.  Although, should  the material be subjected to an
external source of heat it will gain energy and the reaction itself be
accelerated as a result.  This is distinct from an endothermic reaction - one
that absorbs heat as the reaction proceeds.  I think, in either case, the
reactions themselves require time to some degree or the other and this explains
why it doesm't  instantly harden up as you say.
Regards, Robin Hufford