Kimball Double Brass Flange Repair

Dave Nereson davner@kaosol.net
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 02:58:38 -0600

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Gordon Holley=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Tuesday, June 10, 2003 11:30 AM
  Subject: Kimball Double Brass Flange Repair

  =20
         I can't believe you went to the trouble (but we, and the =
archives thank you) to describe this procedure at such length and with =
such detail!  People have described the entire restringing or rebuilding =
of a piano in fewer words.  This is not to criticize at all, but rather =
to say that maybe you should be writing technical manuals, instruction =
manuals, etc.  (but learn the difference between 'its' and 'it's').
      After reading it, I was so glad it wasn't I having to do the =
repair, and if it were, I'd have felt like charging $100 per each!  If =
you had shown this description to the owner first, and said, "This is =
what I'll have to go through for each broken one", surely s/he would =
have expected to pay handsomely for the pain and tedium involved!
      --David Nereson, RPT =20