Steinway O to Light Hammers

Paul Chick (EarthLink) tune4@earthlink.net
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 08:55:19 -0500

> I second your opinion of Ronsen hammers.  Every piano I've put them in,
> Chickerings, Steinways, Knabes, Baldwins et al, always sound great.  I
> actually got a gushing letter of praise for a 5'4" Knabe with the American
> felt Ronsens, where the customer picked out the "beautiful, mellow tone"
for
> particular approval.  No other hammer, to my knowledge, can make a sound
> like the American and German felt Ronsens.
>
> Arthur Grudko

Arthur, Joe
 Would you put Ronsens on a Steinway B in a lesson studio at a college,
played 3-4 hours daily?  The piano is not in a practice studio, but gets a
lot of traffic.  Right now it has factory hammers and is getting new hammers
and shanks with flanges.  The current voicing is bright from wear, but was
voiced up when new.  How would you voice up the Ronsens?

Paul C