Replacing a missing piano lyre

Thu, 12 Jun 2003 00:00:37 -0700

I ran into an old Weber Grand that (aside from the likelihood it will be
turned over to Piano Protective Services due to severe abuse and
malnutrition) is missing a lyre.  I'm trying to figure out approximate time
to install and fit, make supports etc., and where I should go to get one.
What are the critical dimensions to consider?  What's the best method for
securing it to the underside of the piano?  Though I have repaired many, I
don't think I've ever had to buy, alter and fit one from scratch.  Any
suggestions would be appreciated.

David Love
davidlovepianos@earthlink.net