Key Leads and Inertia

Thu, 12 Jun 2003 15:26:35 +0200

Mark Davidson wrote:

> I think perhaps I shouldn't have used the work "geometry" as I
> did not mean to suggest "action geometry" in the usual sense.
> I was referring to the note to note evenness of dimensions
> of all the parts in the action.  Since inertia is a function of
> mass and position, smooth inertia is implied by smooth mass and
> smooth position.
>
> -Mark

Ah... well... thats a horse of a different oder.  But I am glad I misunderstood... gave me a chance to soap it a bit :)

Course this is the real sticker.... keys sticks are going to be different dimensions no matter how you look at it.. which means either they are made of a material which mass is not significant enough in these conexions... or we redesign how they are made dimensionally so that they conform well enough to a standard key.

I kind of think that at the outset that we are looking at the first option to begin with. The variance in key stick mass perhaps can be << overlooked >>... at least in an attempt to arrive at a next step in all this dynamic balancing stuphfe.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.