Bonk

J Patrick Draine draine@attbi.com
Sat, 14 Jun 2003 17:30:27 -0400

On Saturday, June 14, 2003, at 05:12  PM, Richard Strang wrote:

> This is Richard Strang, from Panama. I hope this email finds you=A0all=20=

> in good health.=A0=A0
> =A0=A0 I have ran into several pianos that all have the same problem,=20=

> which I believe is caused by something that may require major repairs,=20=

> but I am at a loss as to what the real problem is. The problem is=20
> this. You can play all the keys to check all the notes, and you'll=20
> come to a section of notes that won't play. The hammer hits the=20
> string, but the only sound it makes is, BONK!

Have you checked the letoff?? Perhaps the letoff rail is loose, and has=20=

moved enough that the hammers are blocking in that section.
Solution: reposition the rail to a position that allows letoff=20
again(then tighten its screws), then readjust letoff (at least in that=20=

neighborhood) to get things back to specs.

Patrick Draine

A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: not available
Type: text/enriched