Steinway heavy touch

Isaac OLEG oleg-i@wanadoo.fr
Sun, 15 Jun 2003 19:48:42 +0200

When I am asked to do such a thing (did not happen for some years
actually) I use double sided gluing tape, the one that is very strong
and thick as used in airplane models.
Then, when the pianist have enough of the extra weight or have
tendinis problem, it is easy to unglue the things. Another advantage
is that it is easier to regulate down weight with this method.

Most pianists in Europe stopped advocating for heavy touch a few years
ago. The method used now learn pianists how to use their body weight
to play , that is supposed to give them enough assurance when it comes
to heavier pianos.

Best regards.

Isaac OLEG

Entretien et réparation de pianos.