Steinway heavy touch

Tue, 17 Jun 2003 12:00:25 +0200

Good advice Tom

Its interesting to note that RIS was never a big problem for typists
.... until the advent of the very light touch computer keyboard. For the
very simple reason that this light touch led so very many to allow
themselves a bit of laziness in resting the heel of their hands on the
table just in front of the keyboard, which further makes all to easy to
slouch into a poor sitting posture. Typing away on these light keys with
the hands and body so constrained is a recipe for RIS, especially when
the <<player>> doesn't have the good sense ( or permission) to get up
and move around a bit from time to time..  Mouse movement and actuation
has the same kind of pitfall. If you keep your hand elevated off the
table to use the mouse.. you will have far less problems.  Proper
technique is more involved then just this certainly... but this
illustrates the root problem well enough.

RicB

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.