Pitch raise

Keith Roberts kpiano@goldrush.com
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 06:26:45 -0700

My arm is more tired after pulling on 500 pins than 250. It's like =
lifting weights. more repetitions is harder. If I choose to try and =
increase my speed of repetition, I do the same amount of work, only in =
less time. Shouldn't I get paid for the work I do and not the time it =
takes? There is no incentive to work harder if it all pays the same. =
Certainly if I do the same work in less time than my competitor and =
charge less, I'm going to be the busy, tired guy and he is going to have =
the same amount of money at the end of the month as I, so why? How fast =
you are is an indication of your experience and education.
Keith Roberts

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: David M. Porritt=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Tuesday, June 17, 2003 5:25 AM
  Subject: Pitch raise

  I've seen it said several times that for a tuning fee, there is an =
allocated time.  If tuning doesn't take up the whole time other things =
(voicing, tighten screws etc.) will be done for that same "tuning fee".  =
However, many say that if they do a pitch raise, still within that time =
frame, that they charge extra for it.=20

  Why is it that a pitch raise requires the extra charge when everything =
else done during the allocated time is included in the normal charge? =20

  dave
David M. Porritt
dporritt@mail.smu.edu
Meadows School of the Arts