Bosendorfer fer sale

VOCE88@aol.com VOCE88@aol.com
Thu, 19 Jun 2003 06:11:38 EDT

In a message dated 6/19/2003 1:43:08 AM Eastern Standard Time,
classictouchent@comcast.net writes:

> Dear Rich,
>
> Thanks for the extra info on Mr. Bernstein and his Bosie (just one more
> thing to add to the total tonnage of stuff I don't know). Now I'm extra
> curious. Did he always keep a Bosie? I noticed that the piano for sale
> (#37677-8233) is 1989 'vintage'. Did he replace a previous Bosie with
> this one? On what occasion or for what purpose did he sign it?
>
> Again thanks,
>
> Rich Olmsted

Whoa Rich,

I never said he owned THIS Bosie. The piano he owned was auctioned off after
his death at a major auction house for something like 375K. (If I remember
correctly, it was a 5'8") Obviously, there was collectible value there. because
he owned it. I don't know how long he owned one. I found out about it in the
'90s, but it wasn't a new thing then.

I hope that helps.

Rich Galassini
Cunningham Piano Co.